Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” Edith Lovejoy Pierce

It is going to be the end of the year tomorrow...and the beginning of another. Hopefully everyone will say good bye to 2010 with out to many tears in their eyes, and look forward to 2011 with faith and optimism in their hearts. A lot comes and goes with the new year, out goes old loves, lost friendships, passed opportunities, regretted decisions; while we carry with us lessons learned, passions created, memories made, wishes granted, rewards gained. As everyone begins listing their expectations for 2011, I can't seem to bring myself to consider what i want out of 2011. Every year I ask for the same thing; recognition for my work, appreciation for my friendship, a burning love for someone out there, the ability to stay true to myself, self control...and every year I find that those things come from going through the hard times first. I can't just HOPE all goes my way, I HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. So this year my plan is...to stop anticipating change...and change things myself. If I keep waiting I miss out on so much. It's time to go with the flow, accept the offers that come, work towards being a better me. It's time to release Anna 100%. No more being fearful of what others think, being fearful of the future, being fearful of what I think. There are some things that have to start inside yourself...and this year my NEW YEAR starts in me.

I am going to try to do somethings better though...like read books more often, audition for shows, make friends, connect deeper with loved ones, and be more faithful to my blog.

Happy New Years Everyone, make something out of it.

No comments: