Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

“A broken heart is what makes life so wonderful five years later, when you see that special guy in an elevator and he is fat and smoking and saying 'Long time no see'” Phyllis Batelle

New Years normally brings around the resolution to lose weight, for probably close to half of America. Gym memberships will be made, unhealthy foods will be thrown out, weight loss commitments will take action across the nation. But we all know the sad story of defeat that ends people's high hopes for a better them. Half way through the year, the month, the week, the day, a little part of you says, "it's so hard to get fit, I'll never look the way I want to, What's the point if I'll gain it all back, I'm happy fat, It's not like anyone will see me differently, I can't do it." This little voice in your head has beat you out every year so far, and it's time things change.

I am by no definition skinny. It's true...I do not look like Megan Fox, Victoria Beckham, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Katie Holmes, Angelina Jolie, Hillary Duff, Emma Watson, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz, or Gisele Bundchen. I do not fit into a size 2 dress, nor am I able to wear a bikini.

However, I'd rather wear an over sized Poncho, and a larger size of pants in order to eat a Twinkie without hating myself. Now I'm not saying I want to be fat for the rest of my life, that is not true at all. I do want to be healthy, be able to run when I want to, wear sexy heels that don't make my calves look even bigger, and turn heads.

In order to lose weight, and still feel that I like myself I have taken on a different type of methodology other then self loathing. Are you ready??

Wight Loss starts with self respect. This is so important I'm going to say it again...WEIGHT LOSS STARTS WITH SELF RESPECT. If you look at yourself in the mirror and cannot see one thing that you like about yourself, then you aren't looking at the right reflection. You have to want to lose weight because you see something special in yourself that you want everybody else to see too. It is the feeling that you are worth the best that fuels your weight loss, that feeling allows you to stick to all of the plans that you have made for yourself.

You ARE worth losing weight for, you are worth the long hours at the gym, the soreness you feel in the morning, and that hunk of chicken with out all of the butter.

So as I start the new year, I'm trying to be healthier; eat good food, exercise a little more, and most importantly see myself in a positive light and know that I do deserve to treat myself as worthy of a little positive change. I challenge all of you who stumble across this post, to go look in the mirror and find what you like most about yourself, and then remember that moment for the rest of the year as you work to make a better you. This is a place if you wish to, that you may share your hard times and accomplishments, I will strive to open myself up to all of you as well.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Anna, have I told you this today? I love you. :) Really, I read all of your blog from the very first entry and it made me smile, especially the last few posts about taking initiative, being yourself, and loving yourself. I miss you and can't wait to see you when we get back!

<3 Hannah

Hannah said...

Also, my comment was supposed to be for your most recent post but somehow ended up on this one. Oops. :)