Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

“You feel like there's a little higher call that you're playing for. It takes away from the personal anxiety and makes it an inspirational thing.” Phil Garner

My inspiration; Nicki, Mrs. Duerk, Miss Andy.

Nicki: My little cousin, my favorite cousin, she's more than just a cousin, shes in most cases my best friend, and every reason i work hard at all i do. I'm not sure if she looks up to me, but in the off chance that she does, i refuse to be a bad example. I live my life the way i do for her. I hope she realizes how much she means to me, and how much i care about her. Inspiration doesn't have to come from someone doing amazing things, but it can come from someone being a genuine friend. That's what Nicki is in a nut shell, genuine. She never is anything other than the truth and everything you need in a person. Nicki is my inspiration to never become idol, and to always strive.

Mrs. Duerk; She's my old theatre teacher, my first theatre teacher, the woman who changed the rest of my life. I never had stepped on stage before her. i had never experienced my passion before her. its amazing how long i lived without realizing what i truly loved to do. Theatre is my future, and she did that for me. When it got hard and i was ready to quit, she didn't let me, she made me push on. When she was angry because I messed up, she just made me want to prove her wrong. I have new theatre teachers now, but the dedication she instilled within me, and the amount of belief she has for me will forever drive me to my goal.

Miss Andy: She taught me dance, for a very long time. She passed away my freshman year, esophagus cancer. there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how beautiful of a person she was. She taught me more than how to dance, she taught me about passion and striving for a goal, and being comfortable in my own skin. the first time i stepped into a dance studio after she passed away, I felt a cold wind pass over me, I couldn't dance, not without her there. I fell onto the floor of that studio, in a small heap and cried. I cried until i had nothing left in me, my body quivered, my mind was exhausted. I knew Miss Andy would never want me to feel this way, I had to learn to overcome the loss, so I stood..and danced. I danced and cried, and it hurt so much but it was the beginning of becoming stronger. I knew at that point to get anywhere, I had to be strong enough to challenge the hardest of moments. Miss Andy captured a part of my soul and made it bigger and capable to handle all that was going to come my way. She was the beginning of everything that became my life.

My inspiration list goes on and on and on...but these selective few have been sch a large part of me, they belong on their own page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew you felt this way about me cuz. I have always looked up to you, from the day I met you. You have changed my outlook on life. And you are a wonderful person, and for you to place me among miss andy and Mrs. Duerk... Well geee thanks cuz :D that means alot(: keep doing what your doin. Your making me and everyone proud(: