Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Insomniac

Lately I haven't been sleeping well, at all. And it is awful cause I do not understand why. I will lie down and in my mind be like "Oh yea totally going to sleep for 7 hours and love it. Today has been so long and I'm tired!!" and then 5 hours later I'm still laying there, begging my body to let me sleep. But sadly nothing, although tonight seems to be promising. But my lack of shut eye is not why I am writing, That would be lame.

I am writing cause something said to me today really threw me off. Today, a friend said I don't seem happy lately. And I thought about it and I realized, I don't know what the hell they were talking about, I am happy. So I reply "I'm ecstatic, I haven't been this happy in a long time" To which they reply "Well I haven't seen you be happy in a really long time, I don't think you are"

This evening I proceeded to laugh harder than I have in a very long time, and it made me think of the other night that I laughed harder than I have in a very long time, which in turn made me think of that OTHER night that I laughed harder than I have in a very long time. You get the idea. I've been doing a lot of laughing and smiling lately.

So this is the conclusion I have come to at the end of the day: and brace yourself its a profound conclusion.

I can't sleep. I am happier than I have been in a very long time. And sometimes if you feel like people aren't happy anymore, maybe you just aren't making them laugh like you used to.

No comments: