Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

“There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva.” Josh Groban

I love singing, but I'm bad at it. I scare myself in the shower, I can't sing while I drive because I distract myself, and I can't sing at Karaoke bars cause I blow out the amps. However, I love singing...LOVE singing...and I've decided that since I love it I'm going to do it whenever I want...like in the Target parking lot, the produce section of Super Wal-Mart, or while vacuuming my living room.

This really has nothing to do with singing, I mean it does for me, but it won't for everyone else, unless you too feel that you are horrible at singing, yet enjoy it.

This has to do with doing what you enjoy, without letting others tell you, "hey dude, you suck! Stop before I kill you!!" Everyone your entire life has told you what you suck at, maybe not upfront...but they snuck it in with the "you are sooo good at knitting, stick to that instead of puzzles" or the "wowww I'm so glad you tried skydiving...glad you got that out of your system."

Now the next time somebody sneaks in the you're no good at this or that line simply say "piss off! I enjoy myself, and even if that means I scare away half of New York with my version of Don't stop Belivin' then so be it...cause I DESERVE to be happy"

So go ahead, indulge in an activity that either you, your aunt, or your neighbor's dog thinks you suck at, because in the end you'll have a smile on your face, and you won't ever live with the regret of never taking that chance.

No comments: