Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

“Piping down the valleys wild, Piping songs of pleasant glee, On a cloud I saw a child.” -William Blake

I now feel the need to expand my writing in to one of my favorite topics...


There are tons of people who enjoy this show of "low" comedy, and an equal amount of those who hate the show with a fiery passion.

Truth is I have moments where the show is my world. As well as moments that I feel the need to cover my eyes from the disaster on the screen.

These reactions from the public, including myself, are expected. Have we not been a nation raised to express our emotions to the fullest, even if we must hurt others around us, doing the exact same thing we are.

In the words of a wise man...


"Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?"

We have lost the do good, caring, loving, respectful....ok who am I kidding....the majority of the population has never viewed the world, or treated the world as a place full of manners....but its true really!!!! This country is such a beautiful place, full of beautiful people.

When Glee came on I thought it would be the average, musical comedy show that already graced networks, but it turns out Glee is an uplifting, positive, real life explanation. I enjoy the show because it breathes and lives like me. There are episodes that connect to the care free, pants on the ground part of life, and there are episodes that understand sometimes crying is necessary.

If you've never watched Glee take the time to find an episode you like, one with music you connect to and watch it, learn to connect to emotion you always try to hide.

if you have watched Glee and found it wasn't for you...that's ok you are entitled to your opinion...just as the rest of the world.

No comments: